Wednesday, November 13, 2013

National Celebration of Peanut butter Month. Yummy Peanut butter snack and other recipes

I thought it would be fun to celebrate national peanut butter month by posting a recipe. If you are allergic to peanut butter you could substitute another nut butter in place of peanut butter. I am a fan of peanut butter.

I have found this yummy snack that I make in the afternoon a great way to keep my appetite in check until dinner. Sometimes the late afternoon is my hungry time. It really helps me to have this with the protein in it. It leaves me with a nice satisfied feeling. It tastes like granola with peanut butter added to it. It is quick and easy to make, and it is delicious.  

Ingredients

1 T natural peanut butter
1 tsp honey
1/4  tsp vanilla or almond extract
1/3 C old fashioned oatmeal

Directions serves 1

1. Mix the peanut butter, honey and vanilla together.  (Sometimes I put the peanut butter mixture in the microwave for 40 seconds to soften it.) 
2. Stir in the oatmeal and stir until all the oatmeal is covered with peanut butter.
3. Then eat by the spoonful. Yum! Its that easy.

Here is some other yummy peanut butter recipes to celebrate with

Chocolate peanut butter protein cookies


Peanut Butter  Texas Sheet cake
Have a nutter butter bite



 Chocolate peanut butter granola bars







No comments:

Post a Comment