Friday, March 18, 2011

Healthy Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars




This recipe has some of my favorite food combinations in them, peanut butter, oatmeal and choc. chips, and I would say they are fairly healthy. :) When I bit into one of these the word that came to mind was "Yum"! I gave one to my son before his tennis practice, and he said he liked it. It is always nice to hear those words. :) I plan to wrap these up individually, and then they will be ready to go.Ingredients:

1/2 C coconut oil
1/2 C honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
3 T peanut butter (gives the flavor without all the calories)
1/2 C almonds chopped finely
1/2 C chocolate chips chopped up
1/2 C unsweetened coconut
1/4 C sesame seeds
3 1/2 C oatmeal

Directions:

1. In a saucepan on the stove, pour in honey, oil, peanut butter. Stir until all melted. Then add the cinnamon and vanilla. I let it reach to a boil, and then let it boil 2-3 min.

2. In a food chopper or blender pour in almonds and chips. Chop them up into small pieces.

3. Then in a bowl mix together, coconut, sesame seeds and oatmeal, until all combined. Then pour the hot liquid on top and stir together. Then pour the almonds and chocolate chip mixture in and stir until all combined.

4. Press into pan. I used a 9x13 inch pan and it didn't quite cover all of it. I wanted to keep them thicker. You could also press into a cookie sheet. Let cool. Cut into bar size pieces and wrap individually.

I am excited about this recipe, I hope you enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment