Friday, November 1, 2013

Creamy Peach Pie Smoothie



I hope you had a nice Halloween. We had over 100 trick or tr-eaters so it was a big night. I have given out microwave popcorn packets the last 2 years. They are a big hit with almost all of the kids. It is something different. I got the idea from someone else and I have enjoyed it.

I was pleasantly surprised when I went to Sprouts this week and they had fresh peaches. They didn't have a lot. They were $1.49 a lb. It was a fun splurge. They didn't taste like the ones at the end of Summer, but they were still very enjoyable. It made me feel a little bit of Summer in my mind. :) Simple pleasures in life are good. It is wonderful that we can enjoy peaches all year with the blessing of frozen peaches. So I thought it would be fun to make a peach smoothie, and this is what I came up with. You could add some spinach or oatmeal to make it even healthier. Have a peaceful weekend.     

Ingredients

3/4 C nonfat plain Greek yogurt
3/4 C 1 percent milk
1 1/2 C frozen peach slices
2 T honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon
dash of fresh nutmeg or dry nutmeg
dash of ginger
1 tsp of vanilla or 1/2 tsp of almond extract would be fun 
optional healthy additions: 1 C fresh spinach or 1/2 C old fashioned oatmeal    

Directions  (Serves 1 to 2)

1. Pour all the ingredients in the blender and blend until nice and creamy. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment