Thursday, October 31, 2013
Yummy Enchiladas for Halloween night
These are delicious and would make a great meal for your Halloween night. Everyone loves Mexican food. It is something you can whip up in the morning, and put it in the fridge. They will be all set to pop in the oven right before you are ready to eat it. Mexican food is one of my families favorite meals to eat. Happy Halloween.
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp chipotle chilis in adobo sauce
1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
3/4 cup fat free chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 C diced onion
1-1 1/2 C shredded cooked chicken breast
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/3 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 package neufchatel cheese
6 tortillas (try our homemade tortillas here)
shredded Mexican cheese mix
fresh chopped cilantro for topping
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Lightly saute minced garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add chipotle chilis, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, chicken broth, and salt and pepper. Bring to a low simmer and for 10 minutes to let the spices meld together. Remove from heat.
3. In a medium saucepan, saute onions in olive oil until they soften. Add chicken, cilantro, chicken broth, and tomato sauce, as well as a couple of large spoonfuls of the sauce you have already made. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Divide neufchatel cheese into 6 even portions. Spread a portion on each tortilla and divide meat mixture evenly between tortillas. Roll and place side by side in 8x10 pan.
5. Pour sauce mixture over top of tortillas and top with cheese. Cover the pan with foil and put in oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and cook for 5 more minutes, or just until cheese begins to bubble.
6. Top with fresh cilantro.