Wednesday, November 6, 2013

3 Ideas for Thanksgiving Dinner

Happy November!

Table set getting ready for our meal.

Well November is here. It is a happy month at our house with fun things happening. We had an early Thanksgiving meal on Sunday with our family. Seven of our family members are going to be gone for Thanksgiving, so why not just have it early? As far as I am concerned we should be having Thanksgiving (as in, considering our blessings) every month. Everybody brought something to share. It just felt really nice to be with my family and to think about the many blessings I enjoy in my life. Here are some of the things we had.
 
Thankful Tree


Thankful Tree with added blessings

It was so cool! Britney and her little boys made me a Thankful tree. I had been wanting to make one and she read my mind. I was so excited when she brought it over. We have been adding our blessings to it each day. Britney said she had learned at church that day about a study that showed if you take time to record 5 things you are thankful for each day, it has lots of benefits that you wouldn't expect to be connected with being thankful. Just that simple act made the test group be happier (although their situation didn't change), have less health complaints, be more likely to help other people, and even exercise more. I need to have a tree like this all year.


Goodie bag

 I made goodie bags. I loved the idea I saw of putting bugles in them. They look like little cornucopias. I also added some candy corn and honey roasted peanuts. My family loved them.


Pumpkin Trifle

The dessert was this pumpkin trifle. It was yummy and pretty. It was made with pumpkin spice whole grain cake, vanilla pudding, pumpkin pudding, and whip cream. I will give you the recipe tomorrow.


Apple and Peanut Butter Turkey Salad

I loved this idea I saw of an apple peanut butter turkey salad. We have some picky grandsons, so it was a great way to interest them in eating with us.  I just rolled the peanut butter in a ball and used 2 chocolate chips and a candy corn (next time I will turn the candy corn the right way.)  I then sliced green and red apples. It was enjoyed by all.

 Our world would be a happier place if we all thought about our blessings each day. :) We can start one person at a time. We all have a lot to be thankful for. Happy November. 

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. What delightful ideas. I look forward to the pumpkin trifle recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ellen. I loved hearing you love November too. :)

      Delete