Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mint and Chip Green Smoothie

I guess it smoothie week at our house. Britney gave me this idea. She had tried a version of this the other night. We both LOVE mint and chocolate. How about a healthy version of it? Yes! This really tasted great.. My family liked it. I hope you do too. :)

Ingredients:
1 C almond milk
1 1/2 frozen chopped banana
2 C fresh spinach
2 C ice cubes
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
1 T honey
1/4 C dark chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Pour in the milk first and then the other ingredients except chocolate chips on top. Blend until nice and creamy. Add the chips and just pulse a couple times to keep the chips in pieces.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh...pinned this one, too. Kind of nervous to eat minty spinach, though - I'm not gonna lie. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious! Do you think I could do it with cacao powder? I just bought some so I'd like to use that.

    ReplyDelete