Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Green Strawberry Banana Smoothie

I have loved having fresh flowers from Mothers Day! We had a really nice Mothers Day. My husband goes all out on Mothers Day, making wonderful food with my children. It is a day we all love, and look forward to. I love being a mother. It is a gift that blesses my life everyday. They are the jewels along with my husband that fill my jewel box.

It was a really warm day yesterday. I am not complaining. I love sunshine. I thought it would be fun to whip up a smoothie to  refresh with. That could go with our dinner. ( I usually have a smoothie in the morning this was a nice change.)  This is what I came up with. It was a great way to eat some of our greens for the day.

Ingredients: Serves 3
12 strawberries
5 basil leaves *optional
1 C spinach
1 frozen banana
1 C plain yogurt
2  C ice cubes
1 tsp vanilla optional

Directions:
1. Blend all together putting in the yogurt and ice first. Blend until all combined and smooth. Enjoy today!.   

No comments:

Post a Comment