Monday, March 4, 2013

Amaranth and Teff Hot Cereal

Amaranth and Teff Hot Cereal
Oh the sun is shining and the sky is so blue it is going to be a wonderful week. I pulled up all the blinds to let the sunshine in. It was a great weekend as well. We had fun family activities that were fun to be a part of. I love spending time with my family. It is my greatest joy in life.

I enjoyed this hot cereal today. This one has a similar texture to wheat hearts. I used to love eating it, but they no longer make it. I have found when I eat hot cereal it leaves me with a wonderful satisfied feeling. I love making them. Amaranth and Teff are wonderful grains loaded with nutrition. You can store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge and just reheat them. 

Ingredients:
3 T Amaranth

3 T Teff (You could substitute with quinoa or more amaranth)
1 C water
1 T coconut oil
1/2 C almond milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
topping blueberries and raspberries

Directions: Serves 2
1. In a sauce pan on medium heat. Pour in the amaranth and teff. Heat and stir at the same time. When you start smelling the nice aroma of the grain you will know it is time to add the water.
2. Stir in the water and oil bring to low boil. Turn down the heat to low, and let the water help soften the grain for about 15 min.
3. Then stir in the milk and spices. Cook on low about 15 more minutes or until it reaches your desired consistency.
4. Serve and top with your favorite berries. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment