Friday, October 5, 2012

How to make Homemade Roasted Almond Butter


I am so excited I made my own almond butter today. In my attempt to make almond butter before I had been disappointed by the results. Today I accomplished my goal of making wonderful almond butter. It is so nice to be able to make things by scratch. You know exactly what is in it. Yes! The other wonderful bonus is you save a lot of $). I love adding almond butter to things. It is also wonderful on apples, oranges, celery etc...  Yum!

You could do this same process with cashews, peanuts etc... and make butter out of them. 

 Have a wonderful weekend!

Ingredients:
2 C Almonds
Dash of salt
* Optional: 1 tsp. cinnamon  

Directions:
1. I roasted the almonds first. Heat oven to 350. Place almonds on cookies sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 10 to 15 min. (You don't have to roast them.)

2. Then if you have a blender that can handle it blend them for 10 to 15 until it forms a nice ball. My Bosch blender was not able to do the job. So I first chopped them up fine in the blender. Then I put them in the Bosh mixing bowl and beat them with my wire whisks. It took about 5 min in the mixer for it to get creamy. Then add the salt and cinnamon if desired. Wahl lah! :)  Mission accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment