Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Strawberry Banana Basil Smoothie (Green Smoothie)

Strawberry Banana Basil Smoothie
My wonderful family!
Sometimes life  feels like a dream. Today I was thinking about this past weekend, and it felt like it was all a dream. Life moves at a quick pace and if you aren't careful you will miss it.

This past weekend was a sweet one. My son and daughter in law surprised us with a quick weekend visit. :) The squeal my grandson made when he saw them was priceless. It was a wonderful treat to all be together. We had a weekend of enjoying a beautiful day on the lake. (Why can't summer last forever?) Then we enjoyed a wonderful out door concert.. We enjoyed yummy food, homemade ice cream, that my son made. It was divine. Lots of laughter. Good times!

I looked at this picture today, that we took together last night and I couldn't get the smile off my face. They are what is important in my life. They make each day a little sweeter. Life doesn't get much better than this.

I made this wonderful smoothie tonight. I got the idea from a friend to add basil to the smoothie. I really liked it. The other sweet thing was the only sweetener was the fruit. I liked that too. It was very creamy yum!

Ingredients: 4 servings
1/2 C plain coconut yogurt or regular yogurt
6-14 basil leaves ( I used 14 mine were small)
2 C frozen strawberries
1 1/2 frozen bananas
1 C water

Directions: 
1. Put all the ingredients in the blender. Blend until creamy.  Serve in cups!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment