Friday, August 3, 2012

Sunshine Banana Orange Muffins (Gluten Free)

Gluten Muffins
Gluten Free Muffins


I got my the idea of adding orange to the bananas from a recipe I saw in Delicious living magazine.  It makes great sense because the flavors go great together in a smoothie. I made a version with gluten and without. I was very pleased how they both turned out. With the assistance of the baking powder and baking soda they were nice and light. This could be made into a loaf as well. I hope that  you are enjoying the sunshine! :) Have a happy weekend.

Ingredients:   
3/4 C brown rice flour or Gluten version 1 1/4 C whole grain flour
6 T millet flour* don't use gluten version
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 C brown sugar
orange zest from 1 orange
3 mashed bananas (over ripe is best)
2 eggs
1/4 C oil (I used grape seed oil) 
1/4 C buttermilk ( I added 1 tsp vinegar to regular milk)

Directions: makes 24 mini muffins Heat oven to 350
1. Measure and pour all dry ingredients into a bowl. Stir together with a wire whisk.
2. In a separate bowl hand mix  sugar, eggs, orange, bananas and eggs together. Stir in the oil and buttermilk
3. Grease muffin pan or loaf pan. Bake for about 10 min at 350. 

No comments:

Post a Comment