Friday, March 9, 2012

Almond Butter Treats (Raw)

These are another one of my creations. I have made a lot of different versions. It is fun to experiment and come up with something new. I shared some of these with some friends and they were a hit. So I thought I would pass along the recipe to you. I like to store them in the freezer in a zip lock or air tight freezer container. Then they are ready when ever you want a quick snack. They are very satisfying to me, and I feel like I am eating something healthy too. You really can't go wrong when you combine these yummy ingredients. :)

Ingredients:
5-6 dates (softened) You can soak them ahead of time
1/4 C almond butter or peanut butter
1/2 C old fashioned oatmeal
1/3 C pumpkin seeds unsalted
1/3 C cashew pieces unsalted
2 T coconut oil

Directions:
1. Make sure the dates are soft. You can put them in the microwave with a little water for 30 seconds.If you haven't soaked them. 
2. Pour all the ingredients into the blender and pulse a couple seconds and  stir it and continue the same process until it reaches the desired consistency.
3. Pour the mixture into a bowl and form into balls. Put in the fridge or freezer to let harden. You can eat them soft too. Enjoy!

Here are some other ones:

1. Almond cocoa balls
2. Almond Coconut treats
3. Power Balls

No comments:

Post a Comment