So we went and joined the Recipe Redux club, and we are so excited about it! Recipe Redux is a once-a-month recipe share where all of the participants share healthy recipes based on a monthly theme. And since healthy is our middle name (well, not really), we decided that it would be lots of fun.
From now on, once a month on the 21st, we will be sharing a recipe for Recipe Redux and also linking to the other healthy blogs that participate. That way you can find some other wonderful resources for eating healthy!
This month's theme is Summer Beverage, which is awesome because this is a perfect time of year for a cool, fruity drink. This Mango Strawberry Smoothie is just what the doctor ordered. Mmmmmm . . . fresh mangoes. . . .
1 fresh mango peeled and pit removed
1 C frozen blueberries
1 C fresh or frozen strawberries
1 frozen banana
1 C almond milk
1-2 tsp fresh lime juice (optional)
Fruit for garnish
1. In the blender pour in the milk and then the remaining ingredients. Let pulse until completely blended. Pour into glasses and serve.
Here are the other Recipe Redux member's contributions:
- Gretchen, kumquat Ginger Ale
- Dr. Barb, Nutrition Budgeteer Triple Cherry Chiller
- Carlene Helble, Carlene's Figments Mint Berry Seltzer
- Kara Lydon, Peace, Love, and Food Blueberry Basil Lemonade Fizz
- Deanna Segrave-Daly, Teaspoon of Spice Cantaloupe Basil Aqua Fresca Fizz
- Jessica Fishman Levinson, Nutritioulicious Blueberry Basil Cooler
- Marie Spano, Performance Nutrition Post-Workout Power Smoothie
- Elizabeth Jarrard, Don't White Sugar-Coat It Southern Blackberry Smash
- Emily Greenfield, The Nutriscientist Apple, pear and strawberry smoothie with Chia
- Kristen Bourque- Swanky Dietitian Fresh Fruit and Club Soda Cooler
- Regan Jones - The Professional Palate Berry-Lime Bubbly
- Kat Lynch - Eating the Week Sparkling melon fizz - nice & naughty
- Lisa @ Healthful Sense Berry Refreshing Chia Seed Smoothie
- EA Stewart-The Spicy RD Gingery Peach Float
- Alysa Bajenaru - Inspired RD Blackberry Banana Swirl
- Ann Dunaway Teh, Eat to Nourish, Energize & Flourish Pregnancy Mocktails
- Yuri - Chef Pandita Green Tea Ginger Limeade with Chia Seeds
- Karman Meyer-Nutrition Adventures Orange-Mint Iced Green Tea
- Cherie Schetselaar-Grain Crazy Mango Strawberry Smoothie
- Emma Stirling - The Scoop on Nutrition Recipe Redux Tangelo-ad