Friday, January 21, 2011
Sun-Dried Tomato and Artichoke Chicken Fettuccine
Mom asked me to spotlight one of our favorite meals today. We like this recipe so much and eat it so often that we buy the Costco-sized jars of artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes. It's easy to make and delicious!
This recipe makes enough for us to have two big servings (and I do mean big--my husband loves this and eats a large portion) and two leftover servings for lunch the next day. It's one of our favorite leftover meals. So if you want to make less or more, that's an idea of where this starts you out.
2 chicken breasts
12 oz. of your favorite whole grain linguine
1 c. sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
3/4 c. olive oil
1 1/2 c. artichoke hearts, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
3 tsp. basil
1. Grill your chicken breasts and cut into bite-sized pieces.
2. Start your linguine boiling in a large pot.
3. Put your sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, artichoke hearts, and spices in a large saucepan and simmer together, stirring occasionally.
4. When your linguine is done boiling, take your sun-dried tomato mixture off the heat and mix the chicken and pasta.
5. Serve and enjoy!
1. Add some of your other favorite veggies. We've tried it with zucchini, peppers, and other veggies, and it is delicious.
2. Vegetarian: simply omit chicken for an even easier meal!
3. Add some chopped garlic! Delicious!