Monday, November 22, 2010

Tasty Potato Mix

This was a fun side. I like the combination of colors. I used Yukon Gold Potatoes this time. I was planning on using red potatoes, but they were all out of them at the store. I was happy the way the Yukon Potatoes worked. I have one family member that only likes sweet potatoes, and others that only like the plain. So I made everybody happy. It is nice when that works out. =)

Ingredients:

2 sweet potatoes
8 potatoes med. to small size
1 T dried chives
3 T dried onions
1 tsp marjoram fresh 1/2 tsp dried* Optional
3 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp thyme
1/2 C Olive oil

Directions:

1. Cut up all the potato in 1/2 inch slices, then cut then cut the circle in 4 pieces.

2. Mix all the spices in a bowl. Pour the potatoes in a greased 9x13 inch pan. Pour the oil on the potatoes. Stir the potatoes until completely coated with oil. Pour the spices evenly over the potatoes. Stir until completely mixed in.

3. Cover the pan with foil. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. I stirred them a couple times in the cooking process. The last 15 min., I took off the foil and let them cook so they could be a little more dried out. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment