Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Whole Wheat Bread

Cindi gave me a recipe book, with yummy recipes in it. This turned out so well. I haven't used this much wheat in a recipe for a long time. I loved how the dough felt,as I was forming the loaves. It is very light and great taste. Thanks Cindi!


Ingredients:

5 T Yeast
7 C Warm Water
1/3 C Honey or Sugar
1/3 C Coconut Oil Or Oil of your Choice
2 Eggs
3 T Salt
16 1/2 C Wheat
1 C Spelt Flour Mix * (I ran out of wheat flour so I used this. You could do all wheat!)

Directions:

1. Put yeast, warm water and honey in a bowl. Let sit until yeast starts to bubble. About 5-10 min.

2. Then pour Oil, Eggs, and salt. Into the bread mixer with the yeast mixture.

3. Add Flour till it pulls away from the bowl,and is a nice consistency. I kneaded the dough in the Bosch about 8-10 min.

4. I then let it sit in the bowl about 15 min. to rest.

5. I then formed the dough into loaves. I weigh the bread to fit the pan size. Grease the pans and let rise about 15 min.

6. Bake 350 for 35 to 45 min. Or until the temp. with a thermometer reaches 180 degrees internally. When stuck in the middle of the bread.

This recipe made 3 1.5lb loaves and 2 2lb loaves. Plus 4 Rolls for an after school treat. If you want to downsize the recipe. Just cut everything in half.

* Spelt Mix- Usually I grind up 5-6 C Spelt 2 C Kamut 1 C Brown Rice 1 C Oats Or Oat Groats Optional I have also added 1 C Barley or 1 C Quinoa too. I do it all at once and put the letover in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment