Thursday, October 21, 2010

Healthy Crustless Quiche

This idea came to be to try this and it worked out great. It rose up so nice and light. I have never liked the crust with quiche. I had this recipe that was crust less, but it used Bisquick :( so I decided to experiment with it, and the end result was great! I was so excited. My son asked for a 2ND helping that is a really great sign. :) I had a 2ND helping too. :) You can have fun being creative with other additions. I went conservative this time. I wanted to see how it would work. :) It is another very quick easy meal.

Ingredients:

2 2/3 C Milk (I used non fat this time it worked great)
8 eggs
1 1/2 C Spelt Flour Or other whole grain flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
2 T Coconut oil or oil of your choice
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 Onion chopped in 4 pieces
1/2 to 3/4 C Mozzarella Cheese
Optional items you could try: Peppers, Cup of spinach, Cup of frozen broccoli. Not all at the same time:)

Directions: Heat oven to 375

1. I poured all of these ingredients into my blender start with the milk, then the eggs,flour, Baking powder, Baking Soda, Coconut Oil, Salt, Pepper, and Onion. (You would add the optional items now too) Turn on the blender for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Till all the onion is chopped, and it is all mixed up.

2. Pour into greased squared Pyrex. I then poured in the cheese and mixed in.

3. Bake for about 30 min or till knife comes out clean.

I poured homemade salsa on mine. You could serve with fresh fruit or a spinach salad. :) Success! Enjoy! (You could try it with a gluten free flour if spelt doesn't work for you)

No comments:

Post a Comment