Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Spinach salad


I found a great salad dressing on my Dole spinach package. I haven't bought the store dressings for a long time. It is so easy to make healthy ones at home. This is a low calorie dressing and tasty too. My son in law loved it!

Dressing

1C. plain yogurt (I used homemade)
1 T. fresh lemon juice
2 T. Honey
2 tsp poppy seeds (I left these out) May use chia sometime. :)
Salad

Spinach I used about 5 oz. (Half a package)
1/2 C Blueberries
6 or 7 strawberries sliced (You can use more if you want)
1/2 C. Almonds (chopped in up in food processor)

We make the almonds yummy by adding 2 T. Sugar or 1T. Xagave and the chopped almonds, put in a skillet on the stove. Cook still the sugar melts and thickens. Take off the stove and cool before serving. You could use other kinds of nuts, as well.
Mix all together. Put the salad together right before serving the spinach wilts quickly.

*Sorry I didn't get a picture before we ate it. Next time I make it, I will get a picture. It makes a very pretty salad.

* Tonight I used the dressing on a fruit salad with sliced apples, chopped oranges, grapes, dried cherries and I had some cooked chicken that I added. Put on spinach leaves. It tasted great! This dressing is versatile and very easy. :)

* Made it for Father's day! Here is the picture of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment