Friday, July 9, 2010

Healthy Power Bar

It is fun to find healthy options for power bars. I went to a Bosch class recently, and liked this idea. I debated about taking a picture of it. Power bars aren't the best looking thing. Sorry! :/ The other thing I liked about the recipe was the fruit is the sweetener. Sometimes the ones you get in the store are loaded with sugar. :( It was fun to realize I liked dates. :) I like the natural sweetness they give, to food.

You just add equal portions of the following ingredients. I did it as follows.

1/2 C. Walnuts Or pecans, almonds. cashews etc.. ( I like them chopped fine)
1/2 C, Dried Fruit apricots, Cherries etc.. (I used Cherries this time)
1/2 C. Dates Pitted

Then I added

1 Tsp. Cinnamon

2 tsp. Chia or you could use flax * Optional

1T Honey *Optional (If it doesn't stick together, I didn't use it.)

1. Chop nuts

2. I blended in my blender the dates and Cherries.

3. Then I threw it all together in the blender, till combined.

4. Mash into a loaf pan. Let harden. You could put in the fridge. Cut into bars and wrap, in plastic wrap, individually. They will be ready when you are on the run. :) Yum! I like these fast easy and good. You can come up with your own combination. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment