Monday, July 12, 2010

Hard whole grain rolls


This was a fun accomplishment. I was wanting to have french dip for dinner today. I had never tried to make hard dinner rolls before with whole grains. I was happy with the result and so was my family. One of my my family members that is normally more picky, liked them, and wanted seconds. Yes! They made a yummy french dip sandwich.

2 T. Dry Yeast
5 T. coconut oil
2 C. warm water
1 T honey
2 eggs (beaten)
2 C. Wheat flour
4 C. Spelt, Brown rice, Kamut. Oat flour or wheat.
2 tsp salt

 Mix together yeast, oil, eggs, water and honey. Mix until well blended. Then knead in flour 1 cup at a time. The dough should be slightly sticky. Knead 4-5 min. if using spelt flour. It is not a good idea to over mix spelt flour. Let rise till double. Form into balls for rolls. Bake at 375 10-15 min. Till golden brown. Rub a little butter on top. Yum! I sprinkled some Parmesan cheese on top. Next time I am going to add some herbs to the dough. :) Hooray! It was fun to have a success. :)

2 comments: