Friday, August 14, 2026

Chocolate Zucchini with added Veggies (Sweet potatoes and Avocado) Gluten free



 


 Happy August! This summer goes by way too fast for me such a beautiful time of year. If you would like me, I’m always trying to find more ways to incorporate vegetables into my diet. These little muffins fit the bill. I think the avocado added to it nice dimension of moistness to the muffin. You could throw in some chocolate chips for extra chocolate flavor. I especially liked them the second day after they had been stored in the fridge. The flavor was amazing. I like true muffins a little less sweet, but you may prefer a sweeter muffin and add a whole cup of honey. 

I hope you enjoy them like I have. 😉

2 Cups zucchini shredded

2 Cups sweet potatoes shredded

4 eggs


1 avocado mashed


2 Tablespoon lemon juice


2 teaspoons vanilla  


2/3 Cup honey or 1 cup for more sweetness


1/4 Cup olive oil 


2 teaspoons cinnamon 


2 teaspoon baking soda


1/2 teaspoon salt


3 c oat flour or flour of choice


1/4 C cocoa powder 


* Optional 1/2 Cup mini dark chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350. Makes 24 small muffins


Mix the wet ingredients together with a large spoon. (First 8 ingredients) Then stir in the dry ingredients just until completely moistened. Stir in chocolate chips if desired. Pour


prepared muffin cups. Place pan and preheated oven. 

Bake 12 to 15 minutes depending on your oven. 


No comments:

Post a Comment