Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Coconut Seed Clustered Granola (Grain Free)

 Hi, It has been a while since I took the time to put in a recipe. I still love creating recipes. Britney my daughter has been busy creating too. She is expecting her first daughter after 4 boys very soon. We are excited.  She is a busy Mama.  Our family gets three beautiful grandchildren this year. Great things are happening.

I found some coconut clusters at Costco a while ago. They had coconut, seeds and chia in them and I fell in love with them. Well I have a large bucket of shredded coconut, and so I thought it would be fun to try, and make some on my own. My belief is it is always a healthier option to make your own if you are able to.

Well I made this last week for some friends and it was a big hit with my friends and family so I thought it would be fun to share it with you. I love it!
Ingredients

2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil                  
1/4 Cup Honey
4 Cups of Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
1 Cups Raw Pumpkins Seeds
1 1/3 Cups Raw Sunflower Seeds
6 Tablespoons Chia Seeds

Directions

Stove top method 

In a large pot on the stove. Turn the heat to medium and pour in the oil and honey. Stir together and heat until warm. Then stir in the coconut and turn down the heat to medium low. Stir in the coconut in with the honey mixture until the coconut is all covered. The coconut flakes will start to turn golden. Stir in the seeds and continue to stir until the coconut is a light golden brown. 

Take pot off of the stove and pour the mixture on to a parchment paper or greased pan. Spread out and let cool. Store in an air tight container. 

In oven method Preheat oven to 325

Pour all of the Ingredients into a bowl. Stir it until all ingredients are combined. Pour ingredients on to greased cookie sheet. Spread out the ingredients evenly. Place pan in preheated oven. Bake for 13-20 min. Until the coconut turns light golden brown. You can stir the granola halfway through for even baking. 

Take out of the oven and cool. Store in an air tight container.  Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. Excited to hear from you again. These look great. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete