Tuesday, August 4, 2015
Quinoa Chicken Bake
So there is certainly something to be said for having dinner already when my husband comes home. I think we all love coming home to the smell of food being prepared. I made this last night for dinner and we really enjoyed it. The quinoa makes the dish a little lighter than having rice with it. It is a quick meal and light meal. Happy Summer!
3 C cooked quinoa
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut up
3 T soy sauce (low sodium if you have it)
1 T honey
3 T apple cider vinegar
4 T olive oil
5 minced garlic cloves
1 1/4 white onion chopped up
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 T dried parsley
more salt and pepper to taste after baking
Directions heat oven to 350
1. Grease a 13x9 pan and spread quinoa evenly in the pan.
2. Then distribute chicken evenly in the pan.
3. Pour the rest of the ingredients into a bowl and whisk until all combined.
4. Drizzle evenly over the chicken and quinoa
5. Place in preheated oven bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned. Stir once or twice while baking to distribute the marinade.
6. Take out of the oven when all cooked and serve warm with a nice green salad.