"Some times you feel like a nut some times you don't.... " This song has been running through my head. I usually feel like a nut. haha I love eating nuts. The funny thing is I used to think I didn't like pecans and now I realize that I do. It is fun to eat different nuts because they all contain different benefits. They are a great source of protein too. The key is to enjoy them but to not go overboard eating them.
I made this mixture of nuts into a bar and was very pleased how they turned out. It is a great combination of flavors. Do you feel like a nut today?
1 C chopped unsalted cashews
1 C chopped almonds
1 C chopped pecans
1/2 C chopped dark chocolate chips
4 T chia *optional
4 T coconut oil melted
1 T honey
1/2 C chopped dark chocolate chip
1 T coconut oil
Directions makes about 1 dozen
1. In a medium size bowl pour in cashews, almonds, pecans, chips and chia. Stir until all combined.
2. In a small bowl stir together oil and honey. Stir into the nut mixture until all combined.
3. In a small bowl melt remaining chips and oil in microwave. Stir the oil and nut mixture together. The chips melt a little bit with the warm oil and honey. I liked that.
4. Line a long bread pan with parchment paper. Pour the melted chips on the bottom of the pan spreading evenly. Then pour the nut mixture on top. Spreading it evenly. I used a small metal spatula to flatten the mixture down.
5. Place in fridge to harden. It will take about an hour. Cut into squares and enjoy.
6. Store leftovers in fridge in air tight container. YUM!