Monday, May 18, 2015
Gluten Free Brown Rice Pizza Crust
It was fun to make a gluten free pizza crust that tasted so good. The 3 of us ate the whole pizza. It had been a while since I had made homemade pizza. It was a yummy dinner. I froze one of the crusts and made some of it for pizza for lunch it tasted really good. Yum!
3 C brown rice flour
1/4 C tapioca starch
1/3 C potato starch
1/4 C almond flour
2 T powdered psyllium husk (helps with building the structure)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 T powdered milk or soy milk powder
1 1/2 instant yeast
1/4 C olive oil
2 1/2 warm water
1. In a bread mixer with a paddle. Pour brown rice flour, tapioca starch, potato starch, almond flour, psyllium, baking powder, salt, powdered milk, yeast. Blend together on low speed until all combined.
2. Mix together oil and water in a bowl.
3. Turn on bread mixer and pour in water and oil mixture into flour mixture and let blend on low until all combined. Blend on medium speed for 6 minutes. The dough will look like thick butter.
4. Place dough in a bowl that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap. Let sit about 90 min in warm draft free area. (You could let it sit longer too)
5. Then take off plastic wrap and stick in a spoon in the center. You should see air bubbles in the dough if it is ready.
6. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray. Heat oven to 325.
7. Divide the dough in half and roll onto parchment paper. Start from the center. It should be rolled out thin about 1/4 inch thick.
8. Place the pans in the center and bottom shelf. Bake for 45-50 min until golden brown. You can freeze the baked crust for up to 2 weeks in airtight wrap.
9. Put on your favorite toppings on the crust. Bake in preheated oven at 500 for about 10 min. or until starts to bubble. Serve hot.