Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Squash Parmesan (Gluten Free)




I thought it would be fun to make a gluten free dish with squash substituting the squash for the pasta. I have seen it done with thin strips of zucchini I thought it would be fun to cube the squash. I really liked it. I just used my food chopper and it was a quick and easy process.
 




Ingredient  Serves 4

Spaghetti sauce:

onion, chopped in small pieces
2 T minced garlic
1 T olive oil
2 15 oz cans of whole tomatoes
1 T Balsamic vinegar
1 tsp salt
1 T dried parsley
1 T basil or 3 basil leaves (I actually put in both because I love basil)

1. Cook the onions and garlic in olive oil in a skillet till tender.
2. Chop up tomatoes in the blender.
3. Add the remaining ingredients along with tomatoes to onion and garlic. Cook until nicely thickened. the longer you let it simmer the better the flavor.

Squash

3 T olive oil2 yellow squash
2 zucchini 
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp salt
Parmesan cheese

1. In a skillet heat  up the oil on medium heat, and then pour in the squash and salts. Cook until still firm but softened. (Al dente)
 2. Then take off the heat. 
3. Scoop on to plates and then pour sauce on top. 
4. Grate on parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy



No comments:

Post a Comment