Monday, March 16, 2015

Strawberry Spinach Salad With Vinaigrette


This salad reminds me of Spring! I love Spring. My husband made this salad yesterday. I love when he helps in the kitchen. He adds a nice extra touch to the things he makes. It is a busy time around here getting ready for our daughters wedding next week. Happy Time!

The salad was:

5-6 C spinach
1/2 C sliced almonds
1 C sliced strawberries
1/2 C sunflower seeds
sometimes I also add a thinly sliced red onion
Optional items

1/3 C bacon bits
1/2 C shredded Parmesan

Layer the ingredients so you get all the ingredients in each serving. 

I put the dressing on right before serving.  It will get soggy if you do it too far ahead. Add a little bit of dressing at a time to get just the right mix. 

dressing:

2/3 cup olive oil
1/4 honey or sugar 
2 TBSP. diced purple onion
1/2tsp. salt
3TBSP. apple cider vinegar
1/4 C chia *optional
Blend in blender or food processor until smooth. 



*If you use bacon. An easy way to do the almonds is to take the bacon bits and the almonds and saute' them together.  This gives the almonds some of the bacon flavor and roasts them a bit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment