Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Coconut Tapioca Pudding (Dairy free & Gluten free)




 I love tapioca pudding and I have been looking at Bob's Red Mill Tapioca pearls for a while thinking it would be fun to use them to make pudding.

So I finally made some yesterday and really enjoyed the creamy wonderful pudding. So did my family. I had my cute little grandsons over yesterday and they enjoyed it too.

Ingredients

2/3 C Bob's Red Mill Small Pearl Tapioca
1 1/2 C water
1 can of coconut milk
1 C milk (Use cashew milk or almond or ?)
dash salt optional
3 eggs separated
1/2 C honey or other sweetener
1/4 C honey or other sweetener
1 tsp vanilla
fresh berries for on top

Directions    serves 6

1. Pour the tapioca  into a bowl and pour the water on top. Let them soften for 30 min.
2. After the 30 minutes is done pour tapioca and water into saucepan on medium  heat.
3. In a small bowl beat egg yolks stir in coconut milk, milk, salt and 1/2 C honey. Then stir into tapioca on the stove. Stir until it starts to boil. Turn down and simmer on low until it thickens about 10-15 min.
4. In the meantime pour egg whites and honey together until it forms soft peaks.
5. Fold 1 C of the tapioca mixture into the egg whites and then stir it back into the rest of the tapioca.
6. Cook on medium low for another 3-4 minutes. Take off the heat and stir in the vanilla.
7. Pour into serving bowls. Let cool down and eat in 15 min. Or put in fridge covered with plastic and eat cold.
8. Serve with fresh fruit.




5 comments:

  1. I love tapioca, this looks so good. Definitely need to make this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I hope you enjoy it. Eating this brings back many happy childhood memories. We used to have this often.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Oh no, I think my browser went weird and my comment got lost lol! I just wanted to say that I love tapioca pudding too, and I love that this one has cooked eggs through it to make it higher in protein than when made with just milk. This recipe looks delicious :D

    ReplyDelete