I love tapioca pudding and I have been looking at Bob's Red Mill Tapioca pearls for a while thinking it would be fun to use them to make pudding.
So I finally made some yesterday and really enjoyed the creamy wonderful pudding. So did my family. I had my cute little grandsons over yesterday and they enjoyed it too.
2/3 C Bob's Red Mill Small Pearl Tapioca
1 1/2 C water
1 can of coconut milk
1 C milk (Use cashew milk or almond or ?)
dash salt optional
3 eggs separated
1/2 C honey or other sweetener
1/4 C honey or other sweetener
1 tsp vanilla
fresh berries for on top
Directions serves 6
1. Pour the tapioca into a bowl and pour the water on top. Let them soften for 30 min.
2. After the 30 minutes is done pour tapioca and water into saucepan on medium heat.
3. In a small bowl beat egg yolks stir in coconut milk, milk, salt and 1/2 C honey. Then stir into tapioca on the stove. Stir until it starts to boil. Turn down and simmer on low until it thickens about 10-15 min.
4. In the meantime pour egg whites and honey together until it forms soft peaks.
5. Fold 1 C of the tapioca mixture into the egg whites and then stir it back into the rest of the tapioca.
6. Cook on medium low for another 3-4 minutes. Take off the heat and stir in the vanilla.
7. Pour into serving bowls. Let cool down and eat in 15 min. Or put in fridge covered with plastic and eat cold.
8. Serve with fresh fruit.