3-4 T olive oil
2 C Cooked chopped chicken (you could also use turkey)
1 C chopped onions
1 whole chopped red pepper seeds removed
3 cloves of garlic minced
1/2 C chia *optional
4 C water
2 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1- 4 oz can of diced green chilies)
1-11oz can white shoe peg corn
juice from 2 limes
2-14 oz drained and rinsed great northern beans
1. In a large pot pour in oil and heat to medium heat. Toss in the chicken and let it start to lightly brown.
2. Then add onions, peppers and garlic, and chia if desired. Continue to let it cook on medium heat. If you need a little more oil then add some. Continue to cook until vegetables are softened and slightly browned. (The browning adds extra flavor)
3. Stir in the water, salt, cumin, chilies, corn and lime juice. Let it come to a boil.
4. Turn down the heat to low and then stir in the beans.
5. Cover and let cook for 30-40 min.
6. Serve in bowls. With chips and cheese if desired.
7. Store leftovers covered in the fridge. Enjoy