These are fun easy truffles for the holiday. I made them healthier by adding coconut milk instead of whipping cream. They are delicious treat for this time of the year without the guilt. Peppermint and chocolate are a favorite flavor combination at our house. You can either roll them in crushed nuts or candy canes.
1 C dark chocolate chips or bar
2/3 C canned coconut milk
5T coconut oil
1 tsp peppermint oil or peppermint extract
Roll in cocoa, or finely chopped nuts, crushed candy canes
Directions makes about 8
1. In a small saucepan on medium low heat pour in chocolate, milk, and oil. Stir until all melted and nice and smooth.
2. Take off the heat and stir in the vanilla and peppermint oil.
3. Pour into a metal loaf pan and let cool in the fridge until thickens.
4. Take bowl out of fridge. Rub some coconut oil on your clean hands for easier handling.
5. Scrape with the side of a spoon the chocolate until you get enough for a small ball. Roll into a ball with your greased hands.
6. Put cocoa, nuts or crushed candy in a small bowl and roll the ball into the topping of your choice. I think cocoa is the best.
7. Place in air tight container and place in fridge to harden.