Sweet potatoes are loaded with great nutrition, and when you add chia, then you really have a nutritional powerhouse. These fries had great flavor, and you can eat them totally guilt-free!
2 sweet potatoes
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of paprika
1 tablespoon of chia
3 tablespoons of water
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Wash sweet potatoes, peel them, and cut them into matchsticks, or about 1/4 inch thick.
2. Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl, and fill the rest of the bowl with ice water. Let the potatoes sit in the bowl for 30 minutes.
3. Mix together the salt, garlic powder, and paprika in a bowl. Grind the chia and add it to the spices.
4. Stir water and oil into the spices until well mixed. It will turn into a gelatinous mixture.
5. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Remove and dry the sweet potatoes thoroughly. Line two cookie sheet with parchment paper and place the sweet potatoes on it. Pour the spice mixture over the fries and mix them with your fingers until the spice mixture evenly coats the sweet potato fries.