These are inspired after eating the chocolate cherry Kind Bars. They are so expensive to buy and so I thought it would be fun to make my own healthy version of them. No added sugar either. You make them ahead and have them when ever you want them for a lot less money. Mission accomplished! Great little healthy snack.
3/4 C dark chocolate chips
1 T coconut oil
1 C dried fruit (I used 1/2 C cherries and 1/2 C pomegranates)
2 T coconut oil
5 T chia *optional
1 C cashews unsalted
1 C almonds unsalted
1/4 C dark chocolate chips
1. In a small bowl place chips and oil. Put in microwave for 1 minute and then stir. Then put back in for 1 min. Stir again, and place in fridge to thicken a little.
2. In blender pour all of the rest of the ingredients. pulse and stir. I left the nuts a little chunky.
3. Scoop and roll into balls.
4. Dip into chocolate and place on greased surface or non stick surface.
5. Place in fridge to harden.
6. Store in airtight container. Enjoy!