Monday, October 6, 2014
Whole Grain Cornbread
It is fun to make cornbread. I love to make it with wholegrain flours too. It was a great addition to the layered cornbread salad that I made.
6 T melted coconut oil
1 1/2 T honey
1 1/2 C buttermilk (I used 1% milk and added 1 1/2 T vinegar let sit for 5 to 10 min)
1 C cornmeal
3/4 C whole grain flour (I used spelt)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
Directions Bake at 400 degrees
1. Beat together oil, eggs, honey and buttermilk in small bowl. Set the bowl aside.
2. In a medium bowl stir together the remaining ingredients.
3. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir until all combined.
4. Pour into greased square pan. I love to cook whole grains in stoneware.
5. Bake about 25 min or until done.
6. Take out and rub coconut oil on top and let cool. Then serve.