Monday, October 6, 2014

Whole Grain Cornbread


It is fun to make cornbread. I love to make it with wholegrain flours too. It was a great addition to the layered cornbread salad that I made.

Ingredients

6 T melted coconut oil
2 eggs
1 1/2 T honey
1 1/2 C buttermilk (I used 1% milk and added 1 1/2 T vinegar let sit for 5 to 10 min)
1 C cornmeal
3/4 C whole grain flour (I used spelt)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Directions Bake at 400 degrees

1. Beat together oil, eggs, honey and buttermilk in small bowl. Set the bowl aside.
2. In a medium bowl stir together the remaining ingredients.
3. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir until all combined.
4. Pour into greased square pan. I love to cook whole grains in stoneware.
5. Bake about 25 min or until done.
6. Take out and  rub coconut oil on top and let cool. Then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment