This is a wonderful Fall breakfast . I love the added flavor of pumpkin with the french toast. You can make the syrup or caramel to go with the french toast or you can eat them plain or with jam. I thought they tasted really good just plain.
Pumpkin Pie French toast
1/2 C milk of your choice
1/2 C Pumpkin Pie filling *
3 T butter
1/2 C honey
1/2 C buttermilk *(1/2 C milk 2 tsp vinegar)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 t vanilla
2 tsp almond extract * optional (but so good!)
In a saucepan, on med. low heat pour in butter, buttermilk, and honey. Let the mixture come to a boil for 2 min. Take off the heat stir in baking soda, vanilla, and almond extract. Serve over warm french toast.
1 C canned coconut milk (full fat)
5 T honey
2 T coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
10 slices of whole grain bread
1. In a small sauce pan on medium heat. Pour in milk, honey, and oil.
2. I turned up my setting on my stove up to 6. I stayed stirring it the whole time. Not wanting it to burn. Keep stirring. It took mine about 15 min to thicken.
3. Take off the heat and stir in the vanilla. It will thicken as it cools. Enjoy a wonderful treat!
4. Store leftovers in the fridge in air tight container. When ready to eat warm up on stove or in microwave. It will harden in the fridge.
Directions makes about 10 french toast
1. Beat eggs, and then add milk, together beat together.
2. Then beat in the pumpkin. Dip bread into the mixture.
3. Heat up griddle. Spray with non stick oil or coconut oil. When hot put on french toast. You can sprinkle on cinnamon while cooking if desired.
* You can freeze leftover pumpkin pie filling in airtight container.