Thursday, September 11, 2014

Strawberry Banana Ice Cream (no added sugar)




So my all time favorite homemade ice cream that my mom used to make was strawberry banana ice cream. It is brings back lots of memories when I eat it. It is sweet to eat certain foods and a flood of memories come back to your mind. Well I decided to make a variation of my mom's recipe. I took out the  2 C sugar and the cream. Judging from my daughter scraping the dish to get every bite it was a success. 

This a creamy a delightful ice cream with out all the calories and sugar. Yum!

Ingredients

2 frozen bananas chopped up
1/2 C vanilla almond milk (no added sugar)
3 T fresh squeezed orange juice
1 tsp lemon juice
1 C frozen strawberries chopped up

Directions     serves 2

1. In a blender blend the bananas, milk,  orange juice and lemon juice together until creamy. It may require a little stirring in between pulses.
2. Fold in the cut up strawberries into the ice cream. You can save a few for on top. 
3. Serve right away. Yum!






No comments:

Post a Comment