This pudding whips up fast and is low in sugar. You will love its wonderful creamy texture. This would be great to serve for the Fall holidays coming up. Enjoy!
4 T honey or 4 T vegan sweetener
2 T cornstarch
1 3/4 C almond milk
1/2 C unsweetened pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 T honey or vegan 1 T sweetener
1/2 C chopped pecans
Directions Serves 4
1. In medium sauce pan (off the heat) stir honey and cornstarch together until all combined.
2. In a small bowl beat together milk and egg.
3. Place saucepan on medium heat with honey mixture in it. Start stirring. Stir in the milk mixture slowly.
4. Let the mixture come to a boil stirring constantly. Let boil for 1 minute. Turn down the heat to low and let it cook stirring constantly 1 to 2 min.
5. Take off the heat and stir in pumpkin, vanilla and spices.
6. Pour into serving dishes and cover with plastic and let chill.
7. In the meantime put nuts and honey in a small skillet and place on medium-low heat. Stir and let them toast for about 5 min. The honey will nicely thicken. Take off the heat and let cool. Put in small bowl.
8. Garnish chilled pudding with nuts and serve. Yum!