|Before chocolate. They would taste great like this too.|
I love this combination of carmel, coconut, nuts and chocolate. They are loaded with protein and low in sugar you can't beat that. They are a wonderful healthy little snack when you need one. My family loved these. Healthy enough to eat for breakfast which I did today. :)
1 C full fat coconut milk
3 T honey
2 T coconut oil
1/4 C quinoa ground up * optional (excellent source of protein)
1 C almonds chopped up fine
1 C cashews unsalted chopped up fine
1/2 C dark chocolate chips
1 T coconut oil
Directions Made 17 bites
1. Pour milk into saucepan on the stove that is on medium heat. Stir in honey and oil. Stir about 4-5 minutes until it starts to thicken.
2. Stir in the quinoa and nuts into the milk mixture. Cook on medium heat until mixture is nice and thick.
3. Scoop (I use a cookie scoop that works fantastic) on to greased surface or parchment paper. Place in the fridge to harden.
4. Melt chips and oil together in a bowl in the microwave. It should take about 1 min or less. Stir and place in fridge for about 10 min to let it cool a little and thicken.
5. Dip the bites into the chocolate and place back in the fridge or freezer to let the chocolate harden.
6. Then store in the fridge of freezer in airtight container for easy and convenient snacking. Yum!