|Love the look of cut up fresh vegetables.|
So an interesting thing happened the other day at my Moms. She was having a gathering with some friends. Their was your typical mix of foods at the event. There were jello salads, broccoli salad, coleslaw, potato salad etc... You get the picture. The thing that was interesting was someone just brought a salad like I posted today. That was the one that got eaten the fastest. Their was hardly anything left of it. It made me so happy that people were drawn to the healthier option. It made me so happy. We can make the world a healthier place one recipe at a time.
This is a super easy recipe and looks so pretty and fresh. This is a great to use some of my tomatoes from my garden.
English cucumber sliced thin
6-7 Roma tomatoes sliced thin
1/4 C olive oil
2 minced garlic cloves
1 tsp thyme or fresh if you have it
handful of basil leaves chopped thin
salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
1. Place cucumbers and tomatoes in the serving bowl.
2. In a small bowl mix together oil, garlic, and thyme until all combined.
3. Pour on to the vegetables and toss until all the vegetables are covered.
4. Toss in the fresh basil. (You can substitute dry 1 to 2 T dry basil if you don't have fresh)
5. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve at once for best results or cover with plastic and store in fridge until ready to serve.