Monday, July 28, 2014

Zucchini Carrot Muffookies (Whole Grain)


I hope the name of these puts a smile on your face like it does wit me. My daughter Deanna came up with a name for these. She said they were a combination of a cookie and a muffin. It is fun to come up with names instead of the traditional names. I am all for that plan. These were a hit with my family. My husband was sneaking a couple before  got a picture of them. I managed to save a couple for the picture. This is a great way to use your zucchini out of the garden too. Enjoy!

Ingredients

1 1/2 whole grain flour (I used spelt flour)
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 T cornstarch
1/2 C coconut oil
1/2 C honey
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 C grated zucchini
1 /2 C grated carrot
2 C oatmeal
1 C dark chocolate chips

Directions  Heat oven to 350

1. In a bowl pour in the flour, salt, cinnamon, soda, cornstarch, and blend until all combined with a wire whisk set aside.
2. In a separate bowl beat together oil, honey, egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
3. Pour in the zucchini and carrots and blend until combined.
4. Stir in the flour mixture too.
5. Then stir in the oatmeal and then the chips. Let sit to thicken a couple minutes.
6. Scoop on to cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or on a greased cookie sheet.
7. Place in heated oven and bake until light golden about 10 min.
8. Cool on cooling rack and enjoy. Store in airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment