Monday, July 14, 2014

Raspberry Banana Sorbet (No added sugar)

I am down to the last couple of days until my youngest son Derek goes to serve a mission for our church. I am soo happy for the growth that he is going to experience serving others. It will bless his whole life. It is not to say that he is not taking a piece of my heart with him. This is hard. I will miss him so very much. He is a great son and friend to me. My husband reminds me parenting is the art of letting go. It is not easy. I knew this day would come when I became a Mom 30 years ago. He has grown up to be a wonderful young man.

It has been really fun to create a lot of frozen fruit treats. A lot of them have no added sugar. Which makes them even better. This is guilt free and refreshing goodness. the tartness of the raspberries is balanced out by the natural sweetness of the bananas. Fast and easy to make which makes it even better.




Ingredients
1 C almond milk
1 C frozen raspberries
2 Frozen bananas chopped in chunks

Directions

1. Pour the milk in first and then the raspberries and bananas into the blender.
2. Pulse and stir until it is all creamy. Serve or put in freezer to harden.
3. Store in airtight container in the freezer. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog through familius- love the healthy recipes! Congratulations on your son serving a mission. It must be very bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. Yes it is bittersweet. Mostly sweet. I am so happy for him.

    ReplyDelete