Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies



I never get tired of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I was pleased how moist and yummy these were. I add a little sweetener and whole grain flour. I was happy with the end result. I wanted to make some to send to Derek. I hope he enjoys them. Pumpkin is yummy all year long. :)

Ingredients

1/2 C coconut oil
1 16 oz can of pumpkin puree
1 C honey
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3 C whole grain flour (I used spelt)
2/3 C old fashioned oatmeal
3 T cornstarch (adds to structure and tenderness of the cookie)
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 C dark chocolate chips

Directions Bake at 350 makes about 3 dozen

1. Beat with an electric mixer oil, pumpkin and honey until creamy.
2. Beat in eggs one at a time. (Don't over beat the eggs) Then beat in the vanilla.
3. Measure all the dry ingredients into another bowl and stir them together.
4. Pour the dry mixture into the bowl with egg mixture, as the mixer is going. Mix until combined.
5. Stir in the chips. Scoop on to greased pan.
6. Bake in heated oven 10-12 min or until done.

2 comments:

  1. Such a great recipe, I can't wait to try it! I love new things and have never eaten this, but I love pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am always in the mood for pumpkin. :)

      Delete