Friday, June 20, 2014

Yummy Orange and Radish Salad

I love going to the store and buying produce this time of year. It seems like there are so many great choices and they are better priced to. It bought some peaches for the first time this year with some strawberries. I had it on my oatmeal this morning. No honey was needed. I love eating a fresh peach. The frozen ones don't have the same flavor.

I made this salad yesterday. It was a delicious salad. I get into a rut buying the same vegetables. Yesterday I branched out and bought radishes. I buy them occasionally. This salad was a great combination, and so healthy too. My husband and I loved it.

Ingredients

2 naval oranges peeled and cut into chunks
7 radishes sliced thin and cut in half circles
1/4 a red onion sliced in thin slices
1/4 C fresh mint
2 T olive oil
salt, and,  ground pepper
2 C fresh spinach
juice from 1/2 lime
2 C fresh spinach

Directions serves 3-4

1. In a small bowl place oranges, radishes, onion, and mint.
2. Pour in the oil and salt, and pepper. Toss into the salad.
3. Serve on individual plates. Squeeze on lime juice on each salad. Serve

adapted from foods you crave cookbook


No comments:

Post a Comment