Monday, June 16, 2014

Mexican Cobb Salad with Creamy Avocado

I hope you enjoyed the fathers that our part of your life. I realized that I can still honor my dear father even though he is not here. I know he is close by. His influence is still felt in my life as well as my family. My son wore one of my Dad's tie to church. That always touches me. He has worn it on some special occasions lately. It helps us feel like he is close by. I also honor my dear husband who is a wonderful partner in parenting. He is a wonderful father to our family. I picked the right man for me. I also have a dear father in law who blesses our lives with his love and kindness that he showers our family with. I also have a son in law, bothers and brother in laws who are a great example to me of being great fathers.

We enjoyed some Mexican food for our family celebration for fathers day meal. Mexican food is always a hit at our house. We really enjoyed this salad. I love how colorful it is. It is nice to stir just before eating.



Ingredients

salad
3 C washed lettuce greens * (I used spinach) 
2 cans of drained and rinsed black beans
1 /2 C green onions chopped
1/4 C red onion diced
1 can green chilies
1/2 C chopped washed cilantro
4 chopped up Roma tomatoes
2 cans shoe peg white corn
1/2 C grated cheese *optional

creamy avocado
4 ripe avocados
1/2 tsp salt
juice from 2 limes
1/2 C olive oil
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/2 C plain yogurt
5 cloves of garlic

Serve with tortilla chips if desired


Directions serves about 15
1. In a large bowl place greens. (You could leave out the greens if desired either way is yummy.)
2. Then put the remaining ingredients in sections on top of the greens. Cover with plastic until ready to serve.
3. Pour all the ingredients into the blender and pulse until creamy. It may take a little stirring in between pulsing. You can store covered in fridge until ready to serve.
4. Right before eating toss int the dressing into the salad. We enjoyed it with tortilla chips. Enjoy! 








No comments:

Post a Comment