Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Fruit Infused Water Great for Your Health

I got excited a couple weeks ago to see some one talking about fruit infused water. It looks so pretty I love it. I have added lemons and limes and sometimes oranges to water when we have guests over, but I haven't very often added it to my daily drinking water. Occasionally I have added a couple lemon slices. I love the idea of making drinking water more inviting looking and adding to the nutrition value a double bonus. At the end of the day you can just throw the fruit into a smoothie.

So with Summer here it is a great way to stay hydrated and drink some fruit infused water today. We should all be drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day. A lot of times hunger can be confused with being thirsty. I am going to make this when I have quests over next time. The cool thing is there is no additional sweetener needed. Just the wonderful natural flavors of the fruit. I love that. I am not a fan of sweetened water. You could get creative and use other kinds of fruit too. Add Chia for additional nutritional value.

I listed a few of the health benefits by the ingredients. There are a lot more than I listed. I have already drank to quarts of water today. Yes!

This would be really pretty to serve your guests on the 4th of July too.

 Ingredients

1/2 sliced thinly sliced lemon (benefit improve digestion and appetite control)
6-8 strawberries sliced in half (Boost immune system and increase metabolism)
5-6 raspberries *optional (Anti cancer benefits and increase metabolism
1/4 blueberries sliced in half (antioxidant and cognitive benefits)
1/4 orange or lime sliced thin would be great too* optional
5 mint leaves ripped just a little to let out the flavor (boost energy and burn fat)
1 T chia seeds * optional
water and ice to fill it up to the top
1 quart mason jar
Directions

1. Place the lemon slices in the jar first and then toss the other fruit on top. Then put in the mint leaves.
2. Fill with ice and water to the top. Keep filling it through out the day.
* For a big group increase the ingredients and put in a nice glass pitcher.



No comments:

Post a Comment