Friday, May 16, 2014

Raw Oatmeal Almond Chocolate Chip Bars






Derek we have had a lot of fun.
I was ready for a lift today. Yesterday was a hard day. I got to close some chapters of our lives.  My son finished his high school tennis career. I was sentimental about that. It has been a great growing experience for all of us. I have seen him grow in leaps and bounds. He will take all the things that he has learned and benefit from them all his life. I will really miss watching him play. The great part is he can play tennis all of his life.  He is an adult now. It is crazy to have all my children adults now. Then the other hard part was to put our cat of 18 years to rest. He has beens such a good kitty. He has lived 9 lives. He has had a lot of close calls that could have taken him sooner. He will be missed. We are happy to have good memories and happy he is free of pain again. I don't like saying goodbye though. New chapters are opening and they will be good. I just always get sentimental when I turn the page to the next chapter. 

We Love you Smokey!


So I was looking forward to doing something fun. I was having a craving for the ingredients that are in an oatmeal cookie and this is what I came up with. they are a yummy treat. They would make a great snack anytime of the day. I always in the mood for a oatmeal treat. How about you? Have a peaceful weekend. 

Ingredients:
1/4 C honey
1/3 C coconut oil melted
1/2 C unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 C almonds chopped
2C old fashioned oatmeal
1/2 tsp almond extract *optional 
1/2 C dark chocolate chips  (I chopped them up a bit in the blender  ) (* or raisins)

Directions: 
1. Pour all the ingredients into a mixer except the chips. Mix until combined.
2. Pour in the chips and stir until just combined. 
3. Press into square pan and press until all evenly distributed. 
4. Place pan into fridge until hardened at least 30 min. 
5. Store in airtight container in the fridge. 

*If you want it thicker double the recipe.

*You could just eat like granola instead of forming into squares. 

No comments:

Post a Comment