I had the most delicious breakfast this morning. Quinoa is a great grain to eat for breakfast. Not only is it a grain, but it's also a complete protein. Isn't that a great way to start your day? It tasted so good. I loved the added strawberries and bananas on top. They added a wonderful natural sweetness to the cereal. This is a great time of year to buy strawberries--as they seem to be on sale all over. The hot cereal was so good. I hope you enjoy it too.
1/3 toasted quinoa (well rinsed)
1/3 old fashioned oatmeal
2 T chia
1 C vanilla almond milk unsweetened
1 T honey
1 T coconut oil
Cut up strawberries and bananas
top with almond milk if desired
1. Put saucepan on medium heat. You can toast the quinoa if its not already toasted. To toast pour in the quinoa and toast until light golden, stirring often.
2. Stir in the oatmeal, chia, water, milk, honey, and oil. Bring to boil and and let it boil for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Turn down the heat to medium low and put lid on. Stir occasionally until thickened. Add additional water if needed.
4. Take off the heat and serve in bowls.
5. Put fruit on top of the cereal and drizzle milk on top if desired.