Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Peanut Butter Chocolate Eggs and Some Thoughts About My Dad



So I am going through a tender time today. My Dad graduated yesterday to the next life. I have felt for others when they have lost their parents and now I am getting a taste of it now. He has always talked about it as a graduation day. That does sound a lot better to me too. My sister was there waiting for him. He had not seen her for about 34 years. I have been thinking of the reunion that he is having with her and his parents and other loved ones.

One of my Dads gifts was to make you feel loved. He gave the warmest hugs and a kiss on the cheek that made me feel so warm inside. I love how he loved my husband and children and all that he came in contact with. I am so grateful for all the sweet times we have had with him. We had fun being playful and funny with him. He loves to sing and sang to the very end of his life here. He loved to serve others and was anxious to give. I loved his laugh and warm smile. I still have all the sweet memories with him. I am so grateful for the family that my Mom and Dad have created. They had almost been married 60 years. Their bond is eternal and will keep going. I am so grateful to both of them and the influence they have had on me that makes me want to be a better person. I am grateful that he is free of the illness that he struggled with and is able to continue on and accomplish more great things. I always like to imagine those that move on doing cartwheels on the other side. He will be missed. I rejoice in his life. Peace be with you until we meet again, Dad. I love you!

I made these peanut butter eggs that tasted really yummy. They are a healthier version than the ones that you will find in the store. I hope that you enjoy them too.  Just a 4 ingredients and easy.

Ingredients
1 cup peanut butter or nut butter (natural)
2 T honey (optional)
1 T coconut oil, melted
1 C dark chocolate chips
2 T coconut oil, melted

Directions (Makes about 8, depending on the size you make)
1. Slightly soften the peanut butter and stir in the honey and oil. Stir until all combined.
2. Form into small egg shapes (The mixture should be about the consistency of play dough.) You can have a flat bottom. Place them on parchment paper or wax paper. Place in freezer or fridge to harden.    
3. Once they are hardened, soften the chips in the microwave. Stir in the oil. You still want it to be slightly thick. If you get it too thin let it thicken in the fridge for a little bit.
4. Use your fingers or poke the egg with a fork. Dip the egg into the chocolate until it is all covered. Place on parchment paper or wax paper. Place in the fridge until hardened. Enjoy! Keep in air tight container in fridge. If they last that long. :)

*You could also just roll the peanut butter mixture into a ball and cover them with the chocolate, if you're making them for sometime other than Easter. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment