Thursday, February 13, 2014

Refreshing Mango Coconut Sorbet (Healthy)


I was so excited to find recently that Wal Mart has bags of frozen cut up mangoes. They are sweet and yummy.  I was thrilled to find them. This is a wonderful refreshing treat with no added sugar. I was also interested to find out some of the heath benefits you could get from Mangoes. I have another great recipe I made with mangoes stay tuned I will post tomorrow. I love the color of them to. It makes me feel like I am getting some sunshine in a bowl.

Here are some of the benefit to mangoes:
1. Improves digestion- people who suffer with acidity and its enzymes can benefit from them. 
2. Lowers cholesterol- High levels of soluble fiber, pectin, and vitamin c. It can lower LDL Cholesterol.
3. Source of vitamin E.
4. Improves concentration and memory power.
5. High in iron.
6. High in antioxidants 
7. Also magnesium and phosphorus.  

Ingredients 
1 C coconut milk or almond milk (Unsweetened)
2 C frozen chopped mangoes 
1 frozen banana
1/2 tsp of coconut extract * optional

Directions Serves 2-3
1. In a high powered blender pour  milk, mangoes,bananas, and *extract.   
2. Blend until creamy. You may have to stop and stir a couple times.
3. If you want it more solid put in the freezer for an hour. Enjoy!

* You can leave out the coconut and use almond milk if you are not a coconut fan. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment