Friday, February 14, 2014

Hawaiian Whole Grain Mango Bread




 So we were in Hawaii last week. It was so nice to be warm. One of the fun things we heard about there was they have mango bread. I didn't have any there but as excited about making some when I got home. This is what I came up with. It is delicious and moist and you will love it. The mango is a wonderful addition to the bread. The texture of this bread was wonderful. Read here about some of the benefits of eating mangoes. This bread would be a great addition to your breakfast or anytime of the day. Have a wonderful Valentine's weekend! Tell those you love that you love them. :)

Also want to mention it is Britney's 30th birthday today. She is my partner on this blog and also my beautiful oldest daughter that has brought so much joy into my life as well as my husbands. It was so wonderful to have her on Valentines. I will never forget the first time of holding her. My dream of being a mother had come true. She had big beautiful eyes that were ready to see the world as soon as she came out. She is now a mother too. She has brought 3 beautiful little grandsons into our lives. Life is sweet. I am so glad to be her Mom and have her as a friend too. I love you Britney!     

Ingredients
1 1/4 C spelt flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 C coconut oil
1/2 C honey
2 eggs beaten
1 C mango puree
1/4 C unsweetened shredded coconut
*optional 1/4 C chopped nuts and or raisins (I didn't add them)

Directions Heat oven to 350 Grease an 8 1/2" by 4 1/2" loaf pan 
1. Pour measured flour, soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon into a small bowl and whisk it until it is all combined.Set aside.
2. In another small bowl pour in measured oil, honey, eggs and mango puree. Beat together until all creamy 1-2 min.
3. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. Stir with a spoon until all combined. Fold in the coconut.
4. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan. Place on the counter and let rise about 10 min. So the baking soda and baking powder can do their job.
5. Place in oven and bake until toothpick comes out clean. About 40 min.
6. Take out of pan and let cool on a wire rack.  Enjoy! Happy Birthday to Britney today. I love you!
 
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment