Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Raspberry Jalapeño Jelly



I was looking for cooking inspiration at the store yesterday when I saw a jar of Raspberry Jalapeño Jam. I usually like Jalapeño jelly, and the idea of combining it with raspberries sounded particularly exciting. But, as usual, I don't buy things without checking the label first. Waa waa--the first ingredient listed was sugar. So I decided to make my own. 

This turned out to be easy to make and especially delicious. We poured some over cream cheese and ate it with some whole grain crackers. I'm still snitching bites as I write.

Ingredients
1/2 C water
1 C frozen raspberries
1 to 1 1/2 jalapeños (depending on how spicy you want it)
1 T honey
dash of salt
Greek yogurt cream cheese and  whole grain crackers

Directions
1. Slice the jalapeño in half. We left in the seeds and didn't feel like it was too spicy. If you don't tolerate spicy things well, only leave in half of the seeds. If you like it spicy, add in 1 1/2 jalapeños and leave in all the seeds. 
2. Put all the ingredients into a small saucepan. Turn on medium heat until you get a low boil and then reduce heat to low, stirring frequently.
3. Continue to stir frequently until mixture thickens, about 10 minutes. Serve over cream cheese with crackers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment